When you are getting this error means you have already created a database object and you are trying to restore database over it.
All you need to do is to delete the existing database on which u are trying to restore database. Then follow the following steps:
- Right click the Databases node in the object explorer and click Restore Database…
- Under the head of Source for restore select From device: then click this button.
- Specify Backup widow will be opened. Click Add button to specify backup file.
- Locate the backup file.
NOTE: if file is not present in the location where it is, make sure to select All Files(*) in the Files of type.
- Press OK, and again press OK.
- Then select Restore checkbox from the Select the backup sets to restore: grid.
- In the To database: select the database.
NOTE: in this dropdown a database having the same name as your database will be present, select it.
- Press OK.
- Following successful message will be appeared.
Have a nice day :).